Travelling is a wonderful experience that many of us enjoy in our lives. We spend our hard earned money on the trips that will become memorable to us. World tours are quite popular in the current age and it leads to an experience of different cultures. Central America is a place full of wonders and Costa Rica is one of the best-known places among other destinations. People can book the Costa Rica vacation rentals easily and enjoy an amusing holiday. So, here we will learn a little about the country and some of its places that need more exposure.
About Costa Rica:
Costa Rica’s official name is the Republic of Costa Rica and it is a country in Central America. A lot of water bodies surround the country including the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. About 4.9 million people reside in this country. San Jose is its capital city and also the largest one in the country. It has a rich history following the pre-Columbian era to the current age. Currently, it enjoys a stable democratic government and there is a lot of progress in their economic sectors. The country has a yearlong tropical type of climate and it helps in this thriving wildlife and vegetation. Catholicism is the main religion followed closely by Protestantism. The people of the country are highly educated and they are well versed in the English language. One of the greatest things about the country is their culture and it helps in pulling a lot of the tourists.
Lesser known places of the country:
The tourists often flock to the places that are adorned in the catalogs of several tourism sites. But Costa Rica is actually full of places that have several great qualities to them. So, let us learn a bit more about them so that you can visit those places to add on to your experience:
- Santa Teresa, Nicoya Peninsula: Due to the countries proximity to the sea, many people are fond of its beaches. The great waves are perfect for surfing and water sports. The Santa Teresa is also one such place that is perfect for people who love surfing. This is one of the best things to do in costa rica. The place doesn’t get much crowd and so it is perfect for a peaceful experience at the sea. You are greeted by the beautiful hills along with the graceful sea. Resorts are also present in the area so that you can relax on your holiday.
- Playa Dominical, Puntarenas: This is yet another place that has a beautiful shore with a backdrop of the mountains. The turquoise blue sea makes you feel romantic and it is perfect for honeymoon couples. Along with the beach, you can also visit the Nuayaca Waterfalls which is a natural enclave with amazing beauty. Just let yourself go into the forested area and we are sure that you will fall in love with the place.
- Puerto Jimenez, Osa Peninsula: As we stated above, Costa Rica is known for its flora and fauna. This place is a small town but it is filled with sheer beauty. The sandy beaches are a famous attraction. But other than that you also get to encounter the Corcovado National Park. Just hire a local guide and you will be able to experience a huge part of the place. This will include the wildlife as well as the beautifully set places by the sea
- Chirripo Mountain: If you want to see one of the highest peaks in Central America, then this place is perfect for you. It is 12,533 feet above the sea level and it is soothing to your eyes. It is a perfect place to enjoy your time with nature while trekking to the top of it. The trail is about 12.4 miles long which adds to your adventure. If you are lucky you can actually see the backdrop of the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean from the summit of the mountain.
- Tenorio Volcano National Park: This is yet another place that will give you a close experience of the nature of Costa Rica. Somewhere in its path, you will see the Rio Celeste waterfall which is known for its typical blue colour. You can follow the trail that is present in the park and we are sure that you will love it. There are some low bridges that add to the beauty of the place.
- Ricon De La Vieja National Park: People these days generally want to avoid the mystic nature. But we will always recommend you to visit these places that are full of colour and life. This national park is an example of a mystifying beauty and it still goes unnoticed by the tourists. You will find volcanic springs at this national park. Zip lining and tubing are some activities that are a must for all adventure lovers.
- Bahia de Los Piratas: We have always heard about the pirates and here you can come in close contact with a place that they used as a hiding point. The sand is rose coloured and the place is surrounded by a dry forest. You can easily enjoy kayaking or horseback riding just beside the humongous ocean.
So, here are some of the places that you can discover in your next step to Costa Rica. Definitely plan ahead of time and go to places that are seldom visited by others. We hope that you have an amazing holiday if you choose Costa Rica as your next holiday destination.